It's November and that means that winter chills are here – in some parts of the country, the snow has started to descend and in others, the crisp winter air is what greets you in the mornings.
While you are bringing out all your warm clothes, you also need to do a few other things. For starters, you want to stock up on all the indē wild essentials and you also want to make sure that you make the necessary tweaks in your skin care routine to ensure that you are able to maintain that glow on your face!
Of course, your skin care routine will be dependent on your skin type, so let’s start with that.
The essentials of winter skin care for dry skin
- Change out your cleansing products – If you have dry skin, you are already running low on the natural moisture levels in your skin, on top of that winter winds are sure to play havoc. Choosing to stick to your regular cleansing products could lead to even more dry skin problems. This is why, you might want to switch out your regular face cleanser and even bath soap, with something that can help lock in the moisture.
- When to moisturise, you ask? – On a normal day, you would complete your bath, dry yourself, maybe scroll through some social media posts and then get onto your skin care routine. But your skin care routine in winter months needs to change a little – after your bath, the chill in the air is ready to suck out the moisture. This is why, you need to moisturise your skin immediately after your bath – so as soon as you are done with your morning bath, apply AM Sunrise Glow Serum on your face, and lock in the moisture.
- Exfoliate with care – During the summers, you will want to exfoliate every other day, but during the winters, you will want to create a little more gap between the exfoliation sessions. Choose a face scrub that is gentler and has milder ingredients and exfoliate only once or twice a week. You could reduce the amount of products that you use on your face, so that the buildup of the same is also reduced.
Winter care for oily skin – the dos and the don’ts
- Splash splash – No, we are not suggesting you take a dip in your local pool! We are suggesting that you splash lukewarm water on your face several times a day, because this will allow for the excess oil buildup and sebum to be washed away. You can use a gentle face wash in the morning and evening, but just use normal water all other times.
- Moisturise still! – Just because your skin feels oily does not mean that you stop moisturizing it. You will still need to nourish and hydrate your skin and we suggest that you definitely not skin the PM Sunset Restore Serum at night. The bakuchiol and squalane will ensure that your skin feels supple and healthy, each morning!
Remove the unwanted – Oily skin is more prone to blackheads, whiteheads and pimples, and ensuring that the dead skin cells are removed and your skin has the chance to breathe is essential. Pick a good quality exfoliator and use it thrice a week to keep your skin looking clean and feeling healthy.
Now, there are some winter face care tips that are common, irrespective of what your skin type is and following these will allow you to maintain that winter glow!
- Do not, we repeat, do not miss out on the sunscreen! Yes, the sun feels good on the face, but the UV rays are still harsh, which means that your bottle of Sunscreen Glow Drops cannot leave your vanity and you need to apply it every time you step out of the house.
- Whether you have oily or dry or combination skin, the first step of your winter skincare routine needs to be to pick skin care products that are extremely gentle. While you need not worry about the indē wild products, you will want to consider switching out the face cleanser and exfoliator.
- Its easy to forget your lips during the winters and a normal Chapstick might just not cut it. You might want to pick out a tube or two of our Dewy Lip Treatment, which will not only protect your lips from the harsh winter winds, but also intensely hydrate, nourish and plump up your lips.
- It’s easy to forget your bottle of water during the winters, because you are not as thirsty, but do try to get in those 8-10 glasses of water every day. You will also need to maintain a steady intake of fresh fruits and veggies (in whatever manner you like – juices, soups, salad bowls) to induce that glow of health from within!
At indē wild, we don’t differentiate between winter skin care products and summer ones – our range is meant for the entire year-round. From locking in the moisture to keeping your skin looking radiant, our serums will pretty much take care of all your skin needs!
So, what are you waiting for? Get your winter glow on!