Spring is almost here and if you are an Indian or are friends with any Indian, you would know that the onset of spring means, its almost time for Holi!
For the uninitiated, Holi is a festival that celebrates the start of spring; there is a religious connotation to the festival too. It is believed that the very first time, Holi was played by Lord Krishna. A slightly dejected Krishna went to his adoptive mother, Yashoda asking why he was so much darker than everyone else. He was worried that the love of his life, Radha, would reject him, based on his skin color. Yashoda suggested to young Krishna that he apply color on her so that Radha too would look like him and thus started the festival of Holi.
Today, Holi has become this celebration – there are colors, music, food and plenty of dancing; today, Holi has become a reason to get together with your friends and family and loved ones and just party!
If you too are planning to indulge in some Holi partying, you need to get some Holi skin and hair care on board first; which basically means that you need to replenish your stock of indē wild’s AM and PM serums, SPF and of course, Champi hair oil.
Here’s what you need to do before you head off to play Holi:
- Start with the pre Holi skin care – make sure that you wash your face well, and rather than applying any makeup, stick to only our AM serum. The combination of ayurveda and chemistry-based ingredients will ensure that your skin looks nourished and healthy.
- Before you step out, do remember to apply the directed amount of our SPF too – the formulation will offer protection against UVA as well as UVB rays of the sun. And then there is also the fact that it gives you this sun kissed look, which is just what you want, when you are heading to a Holi party!
- You will also need to pay some attention to your hair and indē wild’s Champi hair oil is pretty much all that you will need. Before heading out, give yourself a quick massage with this oil that is not only a combination of multiple handpicked oils, but also several ingredients that are known to nourish and nurture hair naturally!
- Once you are done with the hair massage, tie your hair up (not too tightly) in either a bun or a braid and you could add another layer of protection with a cap or a bandana. This is perhaps one of the easiest Holi hair care tips that you can have!
Now you are ready to head out and have the time of your life – from applying colors to something interesting like a rain dance, from enjoying the sweets and savories to swaying to Bollywood numbers, Holi is a celebration of life itself!
But what about when the celebrations are done? How do you get rid of the colors? How to do you help your skin and hair repair?
- Rather than rushing directly into the bath, you need to take a minute – start by using a wide toothed comb to brush your hair out. This will loosen any color that might be stuck to your scalp and brush out all the dry color from your hair too. Since you would already oiled your hair with Champi oil, your hair should be reasonably well protected.
- When you do head into the shower, make sure that you use only warm water, since hot water will strip your skin of natural oils and make your skin dry and stretchy. The same goes for your hair too – only warm water!
- You also need to make sure that you use only really gentle hair and body cleaners; your body and hair has already seen enough action for the day, and you really need to reduce the extra stress! You could consider using a washcloth to remove the extra colors, but do not scrub too vigorously.
- Once you are done with your bath, bring the Champi hair oil back out, because your hair will need some extra love. Warm a few pipettes of the oil and massage it into your scalp and hair. You should ideally leave the oil in overnight and then you can use a mild shampoo to wash off any excess. And with that you should be done with the hair care on Holi festival.
- In case you are planning to hit the bed, you will want to use the prescribed amount of our PM serum and let the goodness permeate your skin, as you get your beauty sleep!
Those who have played Holi before will tell you how much fun it is and when you have indē wild’s products with you, you have little to worry about, because these will be all that you need for your skin and hair care for Holi!
So go on, get ready to color your world a little wild……. a little indē wild!