FEATURED | Apr 20, 2023
The What, When, Why of SPF!
If you are just as confused about the what, when, why and how of sunscreen, here are some of the answers!
So, we are constantly hearing all these things about sunscreen and how important it is for the skin and how you need to ensure that it is protected from the harsh rays of the sun. We might know a little about the ultraviolet rays, but not many of us actually know about what all damages it can cause and more importantly, how it can harm your skin in the long run. Similarly, many people don’t know how much sunscreen to use on the face and how much to use on the rest of the body.
Here are the things that you need to keep in mind, while:
- What to look for when you are buying sunscreen:
- Your first step needs to be picking a broad-spectrum sunscreen that will protect you against both UVA and UVB rays of the sun. Ideally the sun protection factor or SPF should be higher than 30.
- Take the time to read through the label and make sure that there are no ingredients that could potentially harm your skin. If you have sensitive skin, make sure to check for any allergens that you might be particularly allergic to, while you might be concentrating on how to use sunscreen and how often to use it, you also need to keep in mind that choosing a product that works for your skin is most important.
- If your skin is oily or prone to acne, then you might want to look for a water-based sunscreen.
- And do remember that simply because there is a large price tag attached to the bottle, it might not be the better choice.
If you were to consider indē wild’s AM Sunscreen Glow Drops, you would be able to tick off all these pointers on the checklist – with 12% Zinc Oxide and SPF 50+, this is an ideal choice for all skin types, including sensitive and acne prone skin. It can protect your skin against not just UVB, but also UVA and the super lightweight formulation will not bog your skin down, either!
- When to apply sunscreen:
- Now, let’s move onto when to use sunscreen – whether you are staying at home or constantly on the move outdoors, applying sunscreen should become a part of your routine.
- Ideally, sunscreen should be applied at least 15 minutes before you are planning to step out.
- If you are planning to indulge in any type of activity that will lead you to sweating or washing off of the sunscreen, then you will have to reapply the same.
- Given that our sunscreen drops are extremely lightweight, you can either use them as a primer before you start applying makeup, or as a final dewy glow of your skincare routine to complete your fresh look. Either way, you can be sure that there will be no white cast or heavy clumpy feeling when you use our AM Sunscreen Glow Drops.
- How to apply sunscreen the right way:
Finally, how to use sunscreen effectively – while most people might think that all you have to do is pour out some sunscreen onto your hands and then rub it all over your skin. However, with our Sunscreen Glow Drops, you actually have to do just that much:
- Take the suggested amount in your palms and gently apply all over your face and neck.
- It is important that you cover every part of the body that will be exposed to direct sunlight.
- You do need to take a little care when you are applying the drops around the eyes and in case any does get in, wash off with clean water.
- It is important that you keep reapplying the drops as and when needed – ideally, every 2 hours.
Now that you know how much sunscreen to use and how to use it correctly, it’s time for you to pick a bottle of AM Sunscreen Glow Drops – use it to keep your skin looking and feeling light as a feather, while offering it ultimate protection!